Launched in 2004, the AWS (Analogue Workstation System) reinvented the professional production console by combining classic SSL SuperAnalogue™ console technology with comprehensive DAW control hardware in a single work surface. Over 550 consoles later the AWS is now used by leading international recording artists, producers and engineers and has shaped expectations for session workflow within today’s and indeed tomorrows’ production environments.
Designed for mid scale commercial recording and production facilities, the AWS is available in 24 input (AWS 924) or 48 input (AWS 948) variants within a compact 24 fader frame. Both models deliver pristine SuperAnalogue™ mixing, 24 ultra-clean SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre’s, classic SSL dual curve EQ on every channel, two assignable SSL Dynamics, legendary Stereo Buss Compressor, TotalRecall™ and full 5.1 monitoring. In addition to on board classic SSL Automation, both models also feature the revolutionary new A-FADA mode where motorised analogue faders follow DAW Automation data.
AWS 924 & 948 also feature Ethernet connectivity for streamlined hardware control over your entire Digital Audio Workstation environment. AWS delivers elegant, ergonomic physical control over your entire studio environment with dedicated heavy duty DAW transport, V-Pot multifunction encoders with position indicating LED’s, Digital Scribble Strips, DAW fader mode, global and channel routing control and built-in TFT display for advanced plug-in editing. Project Session Management is kept simple through SSL’s proprietary Logictivity interface.
The AWS is an SSL SuperAnalogue™ console, featuring the audio performance specifications that have established the benchmarks by which other manufacturers are measured. Exceptionally low THD, noise floor & crosstalk levels keep your audio absolutely pristine, while our legendary headroom carries every nuance of your audio and allows engineers to mix ‘hotter’ without distortion.
- Combination of SuperAnalogue™ console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre’s provide transparent record path
- Innovative Dual Path Channel with three versatile operating modes (948 only)
- 48 inputs on AWS 948;
- IN-LINE TRACKING = 1 mic + 1 line inputs per channel
- IN-LINE MIX = 2 x mono line inputs per channel
- STEREO MIX = 1 x stereo line input per channel
- A-FADA Mode where motorised analogue faders follow DAW automation
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band EQ design with independent E/G curve switching of HF/LF (Stereo on 948 only)
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and Monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL’s unique trademarked TOTAL RECALL™ system with ‘TR Autoscan’
- Responsible ‘green’ manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms