iLok 3 - What is an iLok? How does it work and why do I need one?
An iLok is a special USB device that holds your licenses for iLok-protected software.
Software publishers use the iLok to provide secure protection for their software. When you run the iLok-protected software, it looks for your license on your attached iLok.
- It's portable - Authorize your software anywhere it is installed. From home, work, or remote location; your licenses are with you, not your computer.
- It's convenient and cross-platform - Store your Mac and Windows iLok-enabled software licenses all on a single iLok. An iLok can hold over 500 licenses (2nd Generation).
- Worry Free - Your licenses are on the safest, most secure solution: the iLok. With Zero Downtime™ available you've got 24/7 peace of mind.
Secure and Portable Licenses - Online Management
Using iLok.com, you can:
- View what is on your iLok(s)
- Download new licenses from participating software publishers
- Manage your licenses, including moving them between iLoks within your account
- Transfer licenses you no longer use to other iLok.com accounts
Third Generation iLok Features:
- One piece extruded aluminum frame. This iLok will not split or crack under normal circumstances. There is still a blue LED indicator light.
- Security with style, an embossed logo makes counterfeiting extremely difficult. End users can purchase with confidence that the device is legit.
- The 3rd Generation iLok measures 1.5 inches x 0.5 inches. It fits into any standard USB port.
- The etched serial number is clearly visible, large and is designed to not easily rub off.
- ￼Wider and stronger security loop, and most desktop security cables should fit through this loop.