• Distort in ways you never dreamed with 60+ distortion algorithms that completely transform any track or instrument.
• Design your own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new multiband Waveshaper.
• Let your tracks inhabit any space or object with the new Convolve module, 100+ impulse responses, and the ability to load your own impulses.
• Make your audio speak and growl with two redesigned Filter modules, featuring new vowel formant filters and much more.
• Start trashing your audio immediately with 300+ presets, plus an ear-friendly Limiter that ensures you can play without fear.
Multiband Trash Module
The heart of Trash is its dual-stage multiband waveshaping distortion—allowing you to chain pairs of distortions together for sonic manipulation. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshape. Use the new Waveform Trace to see exactly how you're mangling your waveforms in real time, and DC offset filtering to keep them centered and on track. Be extreme or be benevolent: the power of audio annihilation is completely within your control.
- Apply different distortion types to up to 4 frequency bands.
- Chain two distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
- Choose from over 60 different distortion algorithms.
- Design and edit your own distortions using the new graphic-based Waveshaper.
- Filter each stage with the included Post Filter.
- Further refine your distortions with the DC Offset Filter and Logarithmic Distortion modes.
With distortion, tone is everything. Trash 2 gives you two new redesigned Filter modules to drive the frequencies you want into distortion or tame the ones you don't want. Shape the tone and make it your own with re-engineered Filter shapes and new Vowel Filters.
- Experiment with 20+ sweepable filters for tons of tonal options that range from clean and warm to fat and juicy to harsh and clipping.
- Get twice the filter action with brand new Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- Add LFO and envelope modulation per node to get wahs, wubs, tremolos, and other sweeping effects.
- Let your Filter settings react dynamically to other incoming audio with new sidechaining support.
- Put both Filter modules in parallel to achieve different combinations of filter settings simultaneously.
Trash features extremely realistic amp, device, cabinet, effect and speaker convolution modeling, freeing you to place your audio into another space (or object) entirely. Choose from classics, combos, boutique models, and stacks, or play with creative synthetic impulses from a number of different sources. There's a tone and character for any situation—let Trash bring you outside the box with telephones, clock radios, sheet metal, plexiglass tubes, piano cabinets, tin cans, and more. Still want more? You're in luck! With the Convolve module, you can teleport your sound wherever you please by loading in your own audio files.
- Explore over 100 redesigned Impulse Responses, each one capturing the audio characteristics of another space or object.
- Load your own custom Impulse Response using any .wav or .aiff file.
- Adjust stereo width and placement using stereo imaging controls.
Multiband Dynamics Module
Controlling distortion goes far beyond simple filtering and limiting. To get the most out of your tracks, Trash 2 includes a multiband Compressor and Noise Gate to squash the peaks, add grit and character, silence the noise, or draw out sustain. With the addition of sidechaining support, multiband processing, and an updated compression algorithm, the Dynamics module is sure to be among the most powerful tools in Trash 2.
- Get analog-modeled and grit-filled compression and gating from the redesigned Dynamics module.
- Apply Dynamics to different frequency ranges independently with 4-band Multiband support.
- Trigger the Compressor or Gate via external sources with sidechaining support–even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode.
- Keep an eye on extensive Dynamics metering for immediate visual feedback
- Determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing using the new Detection Filter, or exploit the Filter's resonance for more creative applications of compression.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-Gain compensation.
Trash isn't just about distortion. Go a step further by using a classic lo-fi Delay. Choose from delays that include: tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation, and lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
- Experiment with 6 different delay types: Tape, Tape/Tube, Analog, Lo-fi Digital, Broken Bit, and Digital
- Adjust the special Trash slider for distorted delay effects.
- Adjust the post filter with resonance to tweak the wet signal.