Samson Rubicon Active Ribbon Studio Monitors feature 2-inch Velocity Ribbon high frequency transducers that compliment a 2-way active system capable of reproducing playback in its most natural form. Ribbon drivers have no resonant color and are non-dispersive unlike a tradition diaphragm tweeter. The ribbon driver itself has no added sound characteristics, in technical terms; there is no addition or subtraction to the harmonics of the sound they are producing, they are completely neutral. Ribbon technology gives you clean accurate and precise listening, which is why these monitors sound so natural and lifelike, just like a studio monitor should. Excellent synth monitors.
The Rubicon 6a's step up the power with 75 watts pushing a new 6-inch low-frequency driver with 25 watts for the high frequency ribbon. Both two-way systems are house in a shelf-ported wood enclosure with balanced 1/4" and XLR input connections. There is also a 4-segment high frequency lift control that allows the listener to dial in the ribbon tweeter to their preferred level.
- Samson Rubicon 6a Active Ribbon Studio Monitor Features:
- 2-inch Velocity Ribbon High Frequency Transducer
- 6.5-inch Inverted Cone Low Frequency Driver with Butyl Surround
- Bi-amp Power: 75 Watts LF / 25 Watts HF
- 4-position high frequency Level Control
- Tuned Shelf-Ported Enclosure