|Improvements from the original DR-680|
- Improved audio quality
- Through extended listening tests, a new op-amp and capacitor were selected for the mic preamps to deliver improved audio quality.
- Support for SDXC cards
- Readily available SD/SDHC cards are used for recording media. The DR-680MKII also supports SDXC cards, which have higher capacities - enabling recording for long periods of time.
- Take (file) numbers can be reset using the "Take No. Init" function
- The numbers added to recorded file names can be reset. Resetting the take numbers used for each recorded scene is now possible, making file management even easier.
- Improved battery life
- The newly improved battery life of the DR-680mkII means that the battery now lasts 150% longer than previous DR-680.
- Improved clock precision
- The precision of the built-in clock oscillator has been improved – making synchronization more accurate when used with video devices.
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels.
- A second file can be recorded simultaneously at a lower level for a distortion-free safety track. This allows you to set the recording level high and make a backup recording at a lower level in case of an unexpected sudden increase in sound level, which may create distortion in the primary file. The DR-680MKII can make −12dB backup recordings of audio input through inputs 1, 3 and 5.
- Playback of multitrack recordings
- The DR-680MKII can load multitrack audio files. Multitrack materials (multiple mono files) prepared with a DAW, for example, can be played back.
- Support for lithium batteries
|In addition to alkaline and NiMH batteries, lithium batteries - which can provide extended power - are supported.|
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, MP3
- With BWF format, recording starting times can be stored in files
- 8-track recording at 96kHz/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
6 mic/line inputs and stereo mix recording or 6 mic/line input and digital stereo recording
- Record MP3 files at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps
- Record 4-channel MP3 files
From 4 mic/line inputs (XLR/TRS combo jacks) or 2 mic/line inputs and digital stereo inputs
- 2-track recording at 24-bit/192kHz (BWF, WAV)
From 2 mic/line inputs or digital stereo inputs
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- Sampling frequencies
44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz (BWF, WAV) 44.1, 48 kHz (MP3)
- Quantization bit depth: 16/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Pre-recording function allows the capture of audio two seconds before recording is started
- Automatic-recording function can start and stop recording automatically in response to the input signal level (−48, −24, −12 or −6 dB)
- Even when multiple tracks are used, all recordings made at the same time can be managed as a single take/file
- Track incrementation allows a recording to be split by creating a new file at the desired point without interrupting recording
- Up to 1000 takes and 5000 files can be recorded on a single card
- Mark function can be used to move to specific points (up to 99 marks per take)
- Wheel can be used to change the playback position
- Repeat playback function
- Panel lock function to prevent misoperation
- Cascade function allows transport control of multiple DR-680MKII units using a master unit
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- 128×64-dot matrix display with backlight
- Built-in mono speaker with 500mW output
- Headphone output and level control (50mW+50mW/ 32ohm)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries or the included AC adapter
- USB cable and shoulder strap included
- Folding stand convenient for tabletop use
- CS-DR680 carrying case (sold separately)
- AR-DR680 case by Portabrace also available